Continue Article Best Ideas for Healthy and Tasty Christmas Recipes – Part 1 see two more Christmas recipes:
Healthy Almond and Cinnamon Christmas Stars
- 1 and 3/4 cups of freshly ground almonds (250g)
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar (100g)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- a pinch of powdered xylitol for decoration
- Start by grinding the almonds into flour.
- Place the chia seeds and the water into a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside to thicken for about 10 minutes.
- Place the coconut sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon and vanilla powder into a food processor or a big bowl.
- Add the chia mix and the maple syrup and combine everything for about 30 seconds until sticky dough forms. If the dough is not sticky, but crumbly, add a teaspoon of cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of baking paper. Make sure not to roll it out too thin. It should be around 5 mm thick. Using star-shaped cutters, make about 30 stars.
- Place the cinnamon stars on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes until they turn golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes.
- Tip: For the best result, store the Almond and Cinnamon Christmas Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Spiced Hot Fruit Bake
(Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups sliced apples
- 2 cups green pear slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 stick melted butter or 4 tablespoons melted earth balance vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (This is optional but does give the dessert more flavor and coating. ).
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, toss the fruit and add in 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- In another glass bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, spices, and coconut oil.
- Add the honey and a little bit of the leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to the fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour the fruit evenly in a 9×12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter/oil mixture on top.
- Bake for 1 hr.
- Add the nuts last.
- Mix the fruit again and serve.
- You can also add the nuts in the last 30 minutes of the baking time. (If you prefer them hot and baked as well.)
We hope you will spend a great time preparing for Christmas this year and have fun trying out some of these great healthy Christmas recipes.
Enjoy! Yes, Christmas does help us enjoy. Let also Life is Greatness!